Thursday, March 5, 2015

THIS IS THE VOICE!

So I know that I am a day behind on watching the recap of The Voice! That is one reason why I am so thankful for the snow day today. I am ABSOLUTELY obsessed with this show!  

There is something to be said about really judging someone by their talent and NOT their appearance. I remember discovering this show when it first started a few years ago. Mr. Hulstine was at a track meet, and I had just put Brock to bed. I was flipping through the channels trying to find something to watch. We didn't have Netflix at the time so it was really hard to find something to watch. That was when I discovered the 1st season winner, Javien Colon singing. It was literally something that stopped me immediately. It was the first night of blind auditions, and I was completely blown away with how different this was from American Idol. I was immediately in love with the process, and the stories these people had to share. 


Since the first season I have been amazed with all the talent that is out there. It is hard to believe that this show is going into its 8th season, and that there are versions of this show all over the world. As an educator I always try to teach that you should never judge a person by their outside, but by what is in the inside. Finally, there is a reality TV show that is doing the same thing! Some many people out in this world are too afraid to display their talents because they lack self-confidence in their physical appearance. 

What is your talent? Are you willing to let the world see it? 
You never know you could be a life changer! 

1 comment:

  1. I've never watched, but you are making a compelling argument!! I love your moment of discovery!

    ReplyDelete