Monday, March 23, 2015

Alarm What?

We all knew this day was coming, but there was still that tiny part of me that was thinking it was another day away. 


Oh how nice it had been to not have to set an alarm, could take a nap whenever, and just relax. Not so much this morning. I set my alarm for WAY TOO EARLY (at least earlier than the previous week), laid out my clothes for work, got my workout clothes ready, backpack in check, and off to dreamland for such a short amount of time. Everything was perfect in my dreamland until that dreaded ALARM went off!


What is that loud noise blaring in my ear? It was the wonderful thing that had been shut off for a week. The sound of a new day to educate the youth of America. It is the sound that another day has be given for you to share and make memories with others. Now, at first I was not thinking all those happy thoughts when I first heard that alarm. To be honest, I may have hit the snooze button a couple of times (like for another 30 minutes but that is not the point). Today was back to reality, back to the blessing of having a routine, back to not taking a nap or sleeping in till 8! 
Although the alarm was not my best friend this morning, I started thinking about just how blessed I am to have the kind of job that I do. I am able to enjoy breaks through the year that I don't have to work at a job for so long in order to get 2 weeks of vacation. I have a job that allows me the opportunity to be out of school with my son if there is a snow day and not have to worry about who can watch him. I may not have a job that makes a lot of money, but I have a job that I enjoy being at. Isn't that what we want. We want things in our lives that we love. I may not have liked getting up so early, but once I was there I rediscovered just how much I love my job! I love having the time off, but I truly enjoy doing what I do. I hope and pray that each of you are able to say that in the future! Now is off to bed as I have an alarm that will be telling me it is a start to a new day here soon!

Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment